|Spanish 3 final review
FOR ALL ORIGINAL SENTENCES WRITTEN, PLEASE TRY TO USE AND KNOW(FOR THE FINAL) ALL the vocab from…
review vocab text pgs 16, 18, 62, 108, 110
End of chapter pages 58, 104, 150
1. Write a sentence in present tense for each verb (vary the subjects and watch for stem-changers!):
2. What are the preterite endings of REGULAR verbs?
-AR -ER / -IR
3. Write a sentence for each in preterite tense (vary the subjects and WATCH OUT FOR STEM-CHANGERS AND IRREGULARS!!!):
What are the imperfect endings for -ar verbs?
______, _________, __________, _____________, __________
What are the imperfect endings for –er, -ir verbs?
________,_________, ___________, _____________, __________
- What are the only 3 irregular imperfect verbs in the Spanish language?
____________, __________________, ________________
List situations in which we use the preterite vs imperfect:
- Use expressions of unspecified amount of time (a menudo, siempre, a veces, etc) to write 5 sentences describing what you used to do : .(imperfect!)
Use imperfect to write 3 sentences describing what someone was doing: (imperfect)
Use imperfect to write sentences to describe something, tell age, time, weather:
Use expressions of specific amount of time or isolated incidents to write 3 sentences of something that occurred: (preterite!)
Formal (ud/uds) Commands:
How do you form the FORMAL (ud/uds) commands?
- Are there any irregulars?? LIST THEM and THEIR IRREGULAR FORMS:
- Where do PRONOUNS go in POSITIVE commands?
- Where do PRONOUNS go in NEGATIVE commands?
Translate using FORMAL commands:
Visit the doctor!
(all of you) Buy the house!
Don’t climb the mountain.
Open it! (the window)
Don’t tell them !
f. (All of you) Eat them! (the vegetables)
10. Subjunctive: (Refer to the subjunctive keynote!)
- How do you form the subjunctive of regular verbs? (text pg. 132)
- Which verbs have irregular subjunctive forms? List them and their forms (text pg. 135)
- Which verbs have stem-changing subjunctive forms? List them and their forms (text pg. 137)
List the main clause expressions(verbs) that go with “WEIRDO” :
Write a sentence for each subjunctive “trigger” above . Use vocab from our chapters:
Main clause (trigger / WEIRDO expression above) + QUE + subordinate clause (verb in subjunctive)
Es bueno QUE tú hagas yoga.
A. Write reasons to use POR vs. PARA (text pg 171)
Write 3 sentences with POR
C. Write 3 sentences with PARA
14. List the DIRECT OBJECT PRONOUNS:
______, _______, _______, _______
15. List the INDIRECT OBJECT PRONOUNS:
_______, _______, ________, ________, ________
16. Where do pronouns go in Spanish sentences with just one conjugated verb?
EX: I bought it.
17 Where do pronouns go in Spanish sentences with a conjugated verb AND an infinitive verb?
EX: I want to buy it.
I saw the race. I saw it.
b. My dad wrote a letter to my brother. My dad wrote him a letter.
c. She told us the truth.
I needed to buy the medications (medicines). I needed to buy them.
I want to visit them (my friends).
She prefers to mail(enviar) the letters to me.
19. El Arte:
- List the artists for whom we created powerpoints, their major works, AND their major themes:
ARTISTA OBRAS FAMOSAS TEMAS PRINCIPALES
*** Include some info on Diego Velazquez text pg. 73.
20 Describe (en español):
- el surrealismo
- arte abstracto
- el cubismo
- arte realista
21. ¿Quiénes son los muralistas mexicanos más famosos del mundo?
22 ¿Quiénes son los artistas españoles modernos más famosos?
23. DON QUIXOTE
List the main characters:
Historical background of story:
(Know answers to ALL comprehension questions in the packets! )
and the Central themes: REALISMO vs IDEALISMO
?Que representa Don Quixote?
?Que representa Sancho Panza?
?Cuáles son los valores de Don Quixote?
- List and define the vocabulary from the DQ readings:
Spanish 3 Final Exam Essay
Be prepared to write (essay) about any the following topics. I will choose/provide you with 2 of the following topics and you will write on ONE of them. You will be expected to write a minimum 2 pages (double-spaced). WRITE YOUR OUTLINES BELOW EACH OF THE FOLLOWING:
Fitness and nutrition:
a. You are out of shape and write a letter to a trainer for help.
Explain to your trainer that you have poor eating habits, don’t exercise, can’t sleep, have no energy, are extremely out of shape, can’t concentrate and need to lose weight. Include some things that you have already tried on your own. (Be sure to include the past tenses in your response.)
b. Now, you are a personal trainer and write a letter back giving advice. What advice would you give that person?
(Use as much unit vocabulary as possible and don’t forget to use the subjunctive when giving your recommendations.)
Sicknesses and Remedies:
You are home sick for the day.
Communicate with your teacher explaining that you cannot come to school today
because you are not feeling well. Include as much unit vocabulary as
possible and be sure to include the past tenses in your response.
Explain your symptoms
What you have already done to try to get better
What your mom has done to try to make you comfortable at home
What happened during your trip to the doctor
How you will be spending the day
Express your concern over missing class (include the subjunctive)
and ask the teacher for any missed assignments
4. Art and Culture:
Share what you know about one of the following artists and their works of art.
( Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró,
Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo, José Clemente
Orozco, David Alfaro Siqueiros)
Describe the artist’s life
Discuss their style or artistic period
Describe the artist’s greatest works
(Main images, foreground/background, symbolism, themes of the painting)
Discuss the historical background